SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lgmd_gaz

I'll show you mine/you show me yours - Sun 3/13/22

lgmd_gaz
2 years ago

Show us anything you would like to today.

I will get this started with just another puzzle finished yesterday.

Comments (37)

• dedtired
    2 years ago

This rocker is usually on a porch at a nearby college but someone moved it to a sunnier location.

• Lars
    2 years ago

Front yard last week

• nicole___
    2 years ago

Aspen ❤️

• jrb451
    2 years ago

Remnants of a 4” snowfall that barely hung around for 24 hours.

• heatheron40
    2 years ago

I hope Anne is OK!

Caught on the island!

• dedtired
    2 years ago

Keep checking back to see if Annie has responded. Hope her DH is okay.

• kittywhiskers
    2 years ago

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    2 years ago

This Lenten Rose is just opening now. They are about a month late.

Any word from Annie yet??

Thanks, lgmd, for starting today. I really like your puzzle.

• Elizabeth
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I see there was a bit of a kerfuffle over on the thread about "Clocks ahead tonight". Annie said, " I'm out. I have asked not be battered tonight, but as my simple request can't be respected, I'm out. "

Is this what has happened? If so I am upset.

• heatheron40
    2 years ago

I saw that too. I thought she just meant that particular thread. I am worried none the less :^(

• Elizabeth
    2 years ago

It is the last post I see from her. Perhaps she needs to take a break?

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    2 years ago

Maybe I shouldn't bring it over here, but Lord Almighty! I hadn't read the thread about the changing of the clocks! I can understand, sympathize and agree with Annie on Elmer's pitbull way of communicating. It's exhausting. Especially when the subject is how one "feels" about something. There are no facts to contend. Everyone's feelings are true and valid.

• Ded tired
    2 years ago

Why is the bullying allowed to continue? It infuriates me.

• wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

Every single thread he posts on! So tedious. Now he's doing all he can to hijack the what did you do to keep yourself sane thread. I don't think sane and that man should be on the same page. That cowardly little wuss needs to find an expert to fix himself. He's a sick little perv, getting his jollies going after women on what used to be an enjoyable place to chat and visit. Annie was being loud and clear about asking him to please stop. I can ignore him but his behavior against her crossed the line. The bullying will continue until he suffers some painful consequences. If the universe works the way it usually does that day will come. I trust in the "universe".

• User
    2 years ago

Sometimes, after many years of working at a job such as bookkeeping, probably with limited human interaction, creates a lack of self-awareness. Folks like that don’t realise that they are a bully. It could also just be a poor upbringing. Who knows?

Usually, it’s best to ignore them.

eta Not all bookkeepers, just some 🙂

• wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

Yes. Call him a bookkeeper. I like it.

• jmm1837
    2 years ago

Well, he sure isn't  the persona he's created for himself.  Anyone who actually has some of the experiences he claims, knows better.  I'm not sure why he has been tolerated so long, but so be it. You have all been around much longer than I have, and understand the ethos here better than I do.  I'm hoping Annie returns, reinvigorated, and just carries on, knowing she is not alone.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

So sorry to worry everyone. Everything is fine. I just needed a day off. When my fingers are ready to start typing fbombs, I knew it was time to step back.

Exasperation doesn't even begin to cover it. I've never known anyone whose perception of himself is so radically different from reality....who criticizes others for the exact behavior he's engaged in... so wrapped up in his own rigid and narrow view of the world that he can't alter his behavior in the slightest even once out of simple courtesy. Not an ounce of self awareness or sensitivity. SMH.

In any case, thank you for keeping the threads going on my day off, and thank you all for your concern and caring. You guys are the best!

My apologies to all for polluting these otherwise fine and fun threads with unnecessary drama.

• lgmd_gaz
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Annie, your words above are well chosen. Anytime a thread becomes inordantely long, you can bet that this poster is at the bottom of it!

• dedtired
    2 years ago

So do we just keep rolling our eyes at The Bookkeeper or is there something we can do about it? i personally don’t engage with him but when he goes after someone, i think he should be flagged.

• heatheron40
    2 years ago

If on the spectrum, one does not see empathy or understand how it may be bullying.

• heatheron40
    2 years ago

Whew, glad to see you back Annie!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

I see the thread is gone now....too bad as I was ready to reply.

• joyfulguy
    2 years ago

With regard to his giving women trouble, while he hasn't made a habit of it, he's teed off on me, as well.

And, last I heard, I'm not female.

ole joy/ful/fuelled

• Olychick
    2 years ago

Every time I call him out for bullying, which I often do, it inmediately goes to him becoming a victim of my ”manhating.” There is a reason he hangs out on a forum populated mostly by women, then goes after them and it’s not altruistic. Calling him out when he does it is not manhating, it’s anti-bullying. i’ve seen him go after oj, too. It stuns me when women defend his abuse and the mods don’t put a stop to it.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    2 years ago

And .... breathe .....

Prompted by the first picture.

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    2 years ago

He is why I quit for awhile. He picked on me every time I posted. Sorry you had to go thru that Annie. Yes, I have read some really awful remarks he made to Joyfullguy, also.

• Yayagal
    2 years ago

Annie, we would be lost without you. You bring good feelings to us, I thank you for that.

• nicole___
    2 years ago

@joyfulguy....I deleted a joke on the smile thread because your remark attacked "me" or at the very least was rude. As I recall someone here came to my rescue and asked you to tone it down.

Just to put things in perspective.

I've started PM'ing him to try to keep things straight. It's work.

• woodrose
    2 years ago

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees him for what he is. I've been his target also, and still am. I've been hoping he would finally get the message and go away for a long time. I wish it would take another European vacation, the peace and quiet while he was gone was wonderful. I truly don't want to see his feelings hurt, but how much more can we take?

• Elizabeth
    2 years ago

I hope @joyfulguy knows how we enjoy his posts and look forward to his wit and wisdom. He is a treasure. I hope he is always shown respect and affection here.

• nicole___
    2 years ago

There should be no name calling or transplanted people putting down the USA. Lets all move forward. It would be nice if you PM someone before your rude to them publicly. At least try to straighten it out without putting it all on public display. That would mean you have to turn your messaging on......

• jmm1837
    2 years ago

I'm going to respond to this because I suspect I'm the subject of Elmer's comment.

With all due respect, there's a difference between writing a critique of some aspect of a country, and "putting it down." I have been known to point out shortcomings in the US health care system, and have backed my opinions with data and articles from WHO, OECD and several American think tanks.

Elmer has been known to criticize the Australian system and has backed his opinion with an anecdote from a friend.

One is a critique, one is a put down.

I absolutely stand by my right to have an opinion on issues involving the US. I will continue to provide sources that led me to my opinion, including sources from the internet. If that makes me unwelcome on KT, so be it.

• jmm1837
    2 years ago

As I said, Elmer - you post an opinion based on anecdotes, I post one based on a range of data and research papers from respected sources. So, when your anecdotes are directly contradicted by studies from reputable sources, there is indeed hogwash going on, but it's not coming from me.

And as for staying on my side of the fence, first, many of the issues we differ on are global in nature (comparison of health care systems being an example), and second, you don't hesitate to criticize Australia, Canada, the UK and countries of which you clearly have little experience and less understanding, so how about you observe your own rules before lecturing others.

• olychick
    2 years ago

Someone who believes they are a "truth teller" yet refuses to see the truth behind the dozens and dozens of posts critical of their style of participating makes it clear that they have no interest in the truth.

• olychick
    2 years ago

Too many 'misunderstandings' seems to be the point of this conversation.