SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

For those that track food intake...

amylou321
2 years ago

Has anyone here heard of or used the app Cronometer?

I had heard the name in passing before and after restarting my diet after a somewhat disheartening incident I decided to try it. It was a touch confusing at first but I really like it. A doctor that I went to a few years ago whose practice exclusively saw patients who wanted to lose weight told me that the best practice is to keep a food journal or use some sort of app to track everything. I usually use my fitbit app to do it, but the trouble with that was I had no real option to log homemade recipes except to log every single ingredient separately.

A YouTuber I watch mentioned that they are able to create their recipes and depending on the amount of servings you designated for that recipe, calculate the important macros in it. That is what I needed and I really like it. While I log things on the app on my phone, I use my desktop at work to log in to the website and create my recipes on it to save to my account. I even put the most simple things that I may eat everyday as a "recipe." For example, I have a recipe saved for scrambled eggs with cheese, so that I do not have to go in there every day and lookup and log eggs, butter, and cheese separately. Probably not a huge time saver but I like it.

Has anyone else used this? Or what do you use? I used to hand write my food journal and even without the calorie calculations I found that it helped.....

Comments (11)