SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_cuda90

Anyone out there have a Bertazzoni otr microwave? Thoughts?

J. C.
2 years ago

So, it's a long story: I am slowly switching from white appliances to stainless steel. Also, I am replacing appliances that have broken down. The microwave I am now replacing is a Whirlpool that when I bought it had major problems that took a year of working with Whirlpool and a talented repair man to finally get it working. That left a lasting negative impression of Whirlpool products. I am not a proficient microwave chef (is there such a thing?). I use it to reheat, make popcorn, soften butter, and warm water. I don't need something fancy, as I prefer to use the stove top and oven. I don't need some kind of fan though to keep my smoke detectors from going off. I KNOW there are people out there that prefer hoods, and that is great, but I like having the counter and cabinet space not filled with a microwave. I simply don't have the space or need for a gourmet kitchen. Also, only two appliances are matching brands. The refrigerator and the range are Kitchenaid, the dishwasher ASKO, and well, I am looking at a Bertazzoni microwave. I know that not all appliance brands make all appliances well. I learned my lesson after replacing 3 Kitchenaid dishwasherssss (emphasis on the MULTIPLE) after 5 years each and none of the required repairs were covered under the extended warranties. I would rather have quality appliances that LAST than matching brands. I don't plan on selling my house for at least 20 years. I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Anyway, I can't find much online about Bertazzoni microwaves, but then again, I couldn't find much about my ASKO dishwasher either, and I LOVE that and the warranty! Does anyone have a Bertazzoni microwave? Would I be better off with a Whirlpool Low Profile? That's my second choice, but, like I said earlier, that brand has scared me. I don't like to waste money (who does) and don't want to be back here in a year.

Thank you all and I hope that everyone out there is well!

Comments (3)