SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Yummy new tradition

mtnrdredux_gw
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

So I was inspired by Rubyclaire's drinks thread.

We decided that the first Friday of the month we will do a yummy appetizer, a "signature" cocktail, and, for ease, round out the meal w roast chicken and tossed greens. That way we get to try/enjoy cocktails and apps, my fave, more often. Plus why do we need guests to be festive?

Last night for dinner we had a rotisserie chicken, mixed greens with lemon and EVOO, the spinach artichoke bites from that thread, and the Watermelon Sangria.

Well sort of on that last part. We have had success with buying cut melon (not cubes but a section) recently, to my great surprise. I had that in my cart and then saw a mini whole one and figured it would be even better. Wrong. I ended up going heavier on berries. Also used mango because there were no ripe nectarines. Then it all went south because w/o the watermelon it was kinda lost. Added in random bits of Cointreau, Chambord, light syrup from jarred peaches, pom juice, part of a leftover prosecco, and some agave. In the end it was all good but will have to try the real recipe again!

I followed the recipe for the bites to a "t." Huge hit. Mine are a little flatter because my mini muffin pans are not non stick. I used nonstick pans that were sort a low cupcake with fluting? I wonder what they are called. Anyway, yum. I do think you could make 36, esp if you rolled out the dough (i just cut it without rolling, in my excitement). I had a fair amount of extra filling. They say use 1T per for 24 bites --- but that is only 1.5 c of ingred and you surely have more than that if you add it up.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus