SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_moore861

Paint and Flooring Advice Needed for a 17 year old home..

Jennifer Moore
2 years ago

Hello there! Plans to move my family quickly came to a halt when the house next door went up for sale. Now in a cul-de-sac, lives my family, my brother's family and now (just purchased!) my mom.

It feels like a hurricane hit as I start this road on replacing the carpet with tacks now exposed in areas.. and a paint color that looked great on a sample, but not on the walls. (I would've repainted, but just didn't have resources at the time.)

I'm looking to replace to replace the carpet and will end up removing the slate for one type of flooring through out the first floor (except for master bedroom suite). I am not sure if I"ll go with a dark gray matte slate ceramic: Doral Night Matte Porcelain Tile | Floor and Decor.

The dilemma now is what color paint will go with this and my honey maple cabinets? Every version of white/beige I've selected came out too cool, except for the eggwhite (SW) that came out lemon- yellowish.

ANY suggestions on wall paint will be very much appreciated.. and also thumbs up or down on a the Doral Night Matte Porcelain Tile | Floor and Decor please.... Thank you in advance!

Kitchen - not sure why my photos come out like this, but it's a lot less "green" in person.

Kitchen - View 2 (carpet has lifted with tacks now visible... it's time...)

These are a few photos of my house, with the very dark (supposed to be light cardboard walls, but ended up being very dark)

Matte gold accents with warm honey maple furniture..

Formal Dining

Foyer

Breakfast

Comments (11)