SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
astoria_rego

Buying cabinets for New York City kitchen - where to look?

Astoria Rego
2 years ago

I'm doing a partial remodel of a galley kitchen, and my needs are pretty simple. I just need to fill about 84.5" inches of space with a peninsula. My appliances are already in place and I only need base cabinets. I already have a contractor who is going to build and install them. I want basic shaker doors and grey stain.
Everything I've searched here seems to focus on custom and semi custom, but I'm wondering if I need to go that route if my needs are fairly simple? I'm somewhat flexible on the depth and the length, as we're demolishing the wall behind where the cabinets are going to make a peninsula and I'm hoping for a little bit of overhang at the end.
Yet when I try to find a brand that sells premade, I get negative reviews or conflicting reviews in terms of quality. I know myself - I probably not going to remodel again for decades so these need to last. I can spend what is required for quality, but I don't want to overspend for custom if my needs don't warrant it.
Are there any brands that sell ready-made cabinets of quality I should be looking at? Or is custom or semi custom the only way to go for quality?
Thank you!

Comments (3)