SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neroli

Hairline crack in new grout

neroli
2 years ago

Recently hired a company to remodel two bathrooms. The contractor just finished installing tiles and grouting around the tub surrounding in the first bathroom a few days ago. Two days later after he grouted, I found hairline cracks in grout as well as a cracked tile. Looks like the surface underneath the tiles is not flat. I took pictures and emailed the owner of the company, asking to re-flat the surface, redo the grout. He replied that grout shrinkage is common with nonsanded grout and they will put a second coat on it. Completely ignored the fact about the cracked tile. Is that even right? Can you apply a second coat on top of a coat that is air dried for nearly a week? Am I asking too much for a redo?
They are supposedly wrapping up the first bathroom and start the second bathroom soon. I am really worried about letting them work on the second bathroom after seeing the job. The company was referred to me by a coworker and has good reviews. How should I approach them again to make sure everything is done correctly? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (14)