SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mr_bill_m

Question on vine propagation

Bill M.
2 years ago

I'm beginning to get antsy for spring, so I thought I'd start some props now and hopefully they'll be ready to grow or trade come spring. So here's my question - I have numerous NOIDs that were sent to me about a year ago. One of the people in Florida decided to clean out his yard by chopping down a lot of overgrown hoyas. He asked if I would like a few clippings, and I of course said yes. I couldn't see throwing them away.

These clippings are now pushing out some very long vines, 3 maybe 4 feet in length, however they do not have any leaves at all. If they were outside with something to climb on, I don't think this would be the case, but it's far too cold to put them out now and will remain this way for a few more months.

I am thinking of cutting up some of the vines and trying to propagate them. Have any of you tried propagating just vines, and if so, what happened? Were you successful or did they die off. I don't want to cut them then find out it doesn't work, so I thought I'd lean on some of your experience.

Thoughts or comments?

Comments (7)

Sponsored