SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
allymariemoy

Sofa fabric quality doesn't match sample. What to do?

allymariemoy
2 years ago

I ordered a custom velvet sofa 1 year ago from ABC Home. And before you ask they wouldn't give me a refund, cancel, and only offered store credit at about 11months and there's a dozen reasons and excuses it took this long. The sofa finally arrived today and the fabric doesn't match! To me it looks like they have a new manufacturer or have otherwise changed the way they make it - and it's worse quality. What arrived to me upholstered on the sofa is rougher, less plush, and shines in the light differently, although the color generally appears to be the same but with different sheen characteristics. I've now been arguing with customer service, trying my best to take photos of my sample against the new fabric to show the difference but it's very hard to capture and they keep arguing with me that it looks exactly the same to them and I'm lying. Personally, I think my photos are half-decent and it does not look the same. You would certainly know if you FELT it but they told me they will only deal with this over email and are refusing to let me see anyone in store where they could feel the fabrics. My 2 questions are. What else do I do - they are definitely going to fight me on this indefinitely. And do these photos look exactly the same to you? To me they don't have the same texture and i'm trying to gather the most convincing photos.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County