SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crys_jord

Can I use some master closet footprint to add adjacent bathroom closet

Crys Jord
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I’m

The kid’s bathroom in my house is small with no linen space or storage. i need a small built in closet or open linen shelves for towels and toiletries. The only open wall in this space shares a wall with my master closet. I am considering taking up some master closet footprint to add built in linen shelves for the bathroom. I am proposing the built in to be a simple design and approximately 24”w x 14”d - see pics 2 & 3 for examlles.

I sketched out the layout in the first pic and now I am concerned the master closet will feel odd. The back wall of the bathroom linen shelves will result in an off-center blank wall in the master closet. I figured I could remedy the blank wall by hanging a dressing mirror on it; however, the length of hanging space to each side would also be noticably uneven. The plus side is this would be a perfect time to completely renovate the master closet, as it currently just has 3 walls of double rods; no built ins whatsoever.

1. Thoughts on the bathroom closet idea? Will it be asthetically okay to take up that portion of the master closet? (Note: there is a secondary closet in the master bedroom that is 44”w x 41”d).

2. ideas on a new layout for the master closet? I’d like to add a dresser on one side wall, sections for different hanging items, and possibly a narrow shoe tower.

Thanks 🙂

Comments (11)