Have you ever read about a place and then wanted to go visit?
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (32)
Related Discussions
Have you ever been so sick you thought you're going to die?
Comments (56)Well what a great report from you, pitimpinai!! The last I heard you were still very low in energy and still on a ton of medication and little appetite, and listen to you, helping the neighbor till up a lawn! LOL What a nice neighbor you were to plant tomatoes and Dahlias. :-) I am happy to hear that you've also benefited from a shorter work day. Great that you had all that time off saved up. I bet you really needed it to get your energy back. We have gotten pretty much back to what is normal for us here. The weather has been stupendous in the past month! I have never seen the cover crop in the veggie beds so high. We've also gotten all the leaves mowed and collected in bins, ours and three neighbors. [g] We have gotten somewhat cleaned up for the year in the garden, but I keep adding to my list of what I want to get done before the weather turns. Still have a small amount of bulbs to plant and three shrubs to get in the ground, some pots to clean and put away and that will just about do it. I am actually looking forward to a break from the garden. Not that we don't get outside and enjoy it, but it's nice this time of year, to focus on other things. During the gardening season, the garden seems to push out other priorities. [g] I enjoy the winter garden and by the time spring comes, I am just itching to get back to a new growing season. Glad you are able to enjoy gardening again and hope you stay well this winter! :-)...See MoreHave You Ever Wanted to Up and Move???
Comments (33)Wow, this post sounds really familiar. OMG! Its mineÂ.. First of all, everyone who responded was really helpful to me. I appreciate all your support and great advice. Your words and thoughts all brought me a lot of comfort. Thank you - all you very kind people. And hereÂs what happened. To get to the end first, as I myself hate waiting for the punch line, I did not move. I did put my house on the market though. But first I spent money fixing it up in various ways, such as finally finishing a bathroom. Fixing up all the electrical things I always had intended doing. $$$$. So after 8 years of living with the intention of having a front entryway light, and splitting the outlet/light switch which had been combined, I did all those things. Plus a lot more electric work. This made it nicer for me, but $$$$ which I did not recoup. Based on a post in Buying Selling House forum, I spent oodles of time trying to get grass to grow in my full sun, scorching Maryland climate, red clay front yard which was a major flop. Nevertheless, I spent months doing this and it became a minor obsession. You have no idea. I also spray painted my rusted chain link fence a silver color  major improvement. Then I put my house on the market, kept it pretty clean, rented storage, lived on egg-shells. Of course this was right during the Real Estate flop of last spring/summer. I also occasionally traveled to North Carolina and checked out amazing housing prices there. BUT my little, very nice on the inside, 2 BD/2 BA house did not sell. I would have had to drop the price much lower as the inventory in my area was huge, and 2 bedroom houses would not sell before 3 or 4 bedroom ones. I didnÂt need to move, and saw no reason to cut so far into the "profits dancing in my head" that a move would no longer be financially beneficial. Driving back and forth between Maryland and North Carolina, I also started to understand the value of the family and friends I have in the area. After nearly 3 months on the market, I look my house off. I almost donÂt remember where I planned to go. In September I realized that a co-worker and I could start a creative business which I had always dreamed of. I approached him and we formed a business partnership. We are working on this all the time, and that is my current focus. I am doing things which I hadnÂt planned to do before, such as writing childrenÂs stories while he creates the online characters. There are still many aspects of my life which probably would make me as impatient as I was when I wrote my original post. I mostly donÂt have time to think about them. I am pretty busy with launching a business and learning about all that  itÂs a real baptism by fire. I did get rid of a negative "friend" which has improved my life greatly. And I am a "convert" to The Secret which truly works. The business was totally unexpected, and perhaps if it didnÂt materialize when it did, I would happily be living in Raleigh or someplace in that area. I look forward to enjoying my house and yard this spring and summer. The lovely screened porch, the quiet neighborhood, the improved house, a soon to be successful business (fingers crossed). Life is certainly unexpected....See MoreHave you ever read Anne Rivers Siddons?
Comments (6)I've read several of hers, but the last one I started I put down on about page 3, it made me so mad. She insulted half of the country with one sentence and it spoiled the whole book for me. I will agree that she's a great author, though....See MoreHave you ever done this after reading a book?
Comments (33)Yes, totally forget...movies too. I never understood people who could recite passages from books or movies they watched years ago. There are some that stick out in my mind, though. The other day I was reading a book about animals that start killing all the humans they come into contact with, including peoples' pet dogs. I got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and there is my dog, Chewie, who sleeps up against my door. He gave me a weird look and it kind of creeped me out. lol. Went to the bathroom, got back in bed and started reading again, but apparently when I put my shoes up that night I didn't close the door to my closet all the way. I remembered a Stephen King story called "The Boogyman", it starts with a closet that's cracked open just a little. Well, I had to get up again and close that dang door. I read that story when I was a teenager and it still creeps me out. I'm 53 now and cannot sleep with a closet open. I don't remember most of the story but I do remember it wasn't good for the characters in it. I may have to reread it just for the fun of it. It was from "Nightshift"...a bunch of short stories and I used to own it. I'm now reading one of his son's book of short stories, "20th Century Ghosts". Not sure I like him as much as his father....See More- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years agoKathsgrdn thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
Related Stories

WORKING WITH PROS10 Things Decorators Want You to Know About What They Do
They do more than pick pretty colors. Here's what decorators can do for you — and how you can help them
Full Story
LIFE12 Great Conversation Spaces and What They Want You to Talk About
Comfortable surroundings encourage connecting
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME9 Dream Summer Reading Spots and the Books That Go With Them
Get inspired by these inspiring outdoor spaces to create your own reading spot — and a new reading list
Full Story
BEDROOMSRoom of the Day: Master Suite Offers a Place to Rest and Read
The reconfigured space gives a Kansas couple a bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEGuys Tell Us About Their Favorite Places at Home
For Father’s Day, Houzz men show us the places in their homes where they like to hang out
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESYou’re Going to Want to Stop and Smell These Roses
See top picks from David Austin’s most fragrant roses in colors ranging from ivory to crimson
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME15 Cozy Book Nooks and What They Want You to Read
Put the beach reads away; these comfy spaces are creating a fall reading list. What books do they suggest to you?
Full Story
WORKING WITH PROS10 Things Architects Want You to Know About What They Do
Learn about costs, considerations and surprising things architects do — plus the quick route to pinning down their style
Full Story
DENS AND LIBRARIES20 Book Lover’s Spaces That Will Make You Want to Read
Borrow these ideas from spaces designed around a love of books
Full Story


LoneJack Zn 6a, KC