SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bijanpahlavan

Loud gurgling sound from Jacuzzi drain when toilet fleshed

bijan pahlavan
2 years ago

A loud gurgling sound comes from Jacuzzi drain when downstairs or upstairs toilets are flushed. The sound is getting louder. I recorded the sound and will attach it to this post.

Also there is occasionally a lot of sound and water movement in downstairs toilet when something happens upstairs not sure what, either toilet flushed or bathtub filled and drained.

Some years ago baby wipes were put into the toilets by someone and I believe the issue started then and is getting worse by the sound of it. Reading up on the subject I have come to the conclusion that a treatment of the drains with sulfuric acid might help. I want opinions on this and also proper way of doing this as this acid is pretty dangerous.

I am thinking of putting a narrow funnel into the Jacuzzi drain so that the sulfuric acid goes into the drain hole without touching anything else. Are there any metals down in the drain hole that can get damaged this way by the acid as the acid is very corrosive? I believe the Jacuzzi drain hole is all plastic and PVC but I am not sure.

As for the toilet I was thinking of either taking some of the standing water in the basing of the toilet out and then introduce the sulfuric acid and since the acid is heavier than water it will force itself into the drain, or put a flexible hose into the toilet and guide it past the toilet trap so that the acid can be poured into the hose with a funnel and goes into the drain past the toilet trap. Does this seems like a good idea?

Any other suggestions that will solve this problem before it gets any worse?

Thank you.

Comments (20)