SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samkarenorkaren

I am FINALLY Moving to New Apartment

samkarenorkaren
2 years ago

It took over 4 months but I got my keys today! It has been a total nightmare too.
I was supposed to move in back in late October but was told the building Renovations would not be done by then. Then I got a date of the first week of December. Then I was told that management was waiting for the county to issue residency permits and it would probably be the third week of December. The third week of December came and went and I kept waiting to hear from somebody about what was going on. Fast forward to the end of January, I got a phone call from management asking me if I would like to have one of the apartments. Thought it was odd so I told the woman that I already had a signed lease and was waiting for someone to tell me when I could move in. She proceeded to tell me that the old management people were fired and New Management had no clue that I was waiting. So, after a few more weeks I'm going back and forth with these people I finally got my keys today. I filled out all the paperwork and they had a mistake on the prorated amount that I was supposed to pay for the new apartment. They were asking $788 and I knew there was no way that was the correct amount turns out they did not take into account the rent I had already paid so they took off another $400. I also have one full week to move in, I get one month free rent and they took $275 off of the rent that I would have paid. So in the end I am happy and there's only two small issues with the apartment when I went to it today. Nothing major they said they would fix right away. I took three loads a boxes over to my new place and I am exhausted. So I am going to take a hot bath and relax for the rest of the night. Samkaren.

Comments (44)