I am FINALLY Moving to New Apartment
4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (44)
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Discussions
Chicks moved into new home finally!
Comments (3)Nice job. The pictures are so helpful. I could build one now from the pictures. I did one very similar 8 x 8 ft with a single slant on the roof back about 1972. I did the door in the front. cut out for a big window. but otherwise pretty similar ideas. I did it without drawings. I just figured it out as I went along. Trying to make 8 x 8 work out. Unfortunate I did not set it on cinder blocks and it did not last long enough. I also set it up and then put on the walls. I cut the door out of the plywood first then put it up. Just a little different. Oh yes I also used what I think they call textured wood on the sides. they use it for modern houses. it has slots up and down for a finished look. I think it might be called texure 111 siding. I used the narrow width. Here is a link that might be useful:...See MoreI finally feel like I am 'home!'
Comments (6)Laurie, thanks. We lived in Long Beach, MS. Our neighborhood and those around it, were pretty much wiped out. Practically all of my neighbors moved away (as in out of state), and I miss them. We stayed on the Coast, but moved much further inland, to Pass Christian. We didn't plan on building so soon, but the complex where we were renting turned pretty dangerous and it was costing us $1200/month ($1500 the first year!) so we decided we might as well put money in our own home, rather than someone else's. Plus, safety was a big issue. I don't know about you, but even though we lost everything, we apparently fell through the cracks with FEMA, so didn't have much choice but to do it ourselves. Your mother and sister are in a good area. Lots of new developments happening north of Gulfport. We put our Long Beach lot up for sale, but not much interest. As you probably know, the insurance issue is a big deterrent. Long Beach took a big hit from Katrina, and seems to be having a much slower recovery than its neighboring towns. But, on a brighter note - I do love our zone for planting! You're so right - we can have something blooming all year and just about anything you put in the ground lives! I've already walked outside to check on my flowers (like they're going to look different from yesterday - ha!) How do you like Tupelo? I haven't been there in many years, but I understand there's a lot to do. I know you ache for New Orleans. We lived there for 9 years and loved every minute of it. Take care, and have a Merry Christmas with your family....See MoreMoved to a new apartment in hotspring
Comments (3)Also I just ordered some Aloe melanacantha seeds(black thorn aloe) off of the same guy and some Aloe longistyla seed off someone else. That should satisfy my seed sprouting cravings for this year. Also I've sprouted a lot of aloe seeds in the past so these should be easy for me. But I am a little rusty on the technique. Any tips to improve germination rate would be helpful....See MoreJust moved into new apartment. Help!
Comments (9)The first thing I would do is buy some colorful rugs for your dining area and living area. With your dark furniture the place looks rather grim. Gray is on its way out, and you need some drama to dress your place up. Pull the couch away from the wall a little bit so it doesn't look like it's glued to it, find a metal and glass coffee table and also a low bookcase to put against that empty wall and put either a very large painting there or a gallery wall. The same goes for that area by the dining table. Since I gather you have a cat I thought of a climbing structure for the empty area by the kitchen, but then I'd worry about flying cat hair in your food. Hopefully someone else will chime in with ideas....See More- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
Related Stories

LIFEWhat I Learned About Moving a Loved One to a Retirement Home
Setting up an elderly family member’s apartment in an assisted-care facility is a labor of love for this Houzz writer
Full Story
APARTMENT LIFE8 Things to Consider Before Moving Into a New Apartment
Give yourself the time and the budget to make your next rental home truly yours
Full Story
MOVINGHow to Pack for a Move in a Weekend
These 12 packing tips can make your weekend move quick, organized and doable
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Creative Moves Turn a Toronto Basement Into a Stylish Rental
See how two Canadian designers renovated their townhouse's lower level into a bright and modern one-bedroom apartment
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: The Paris Apartment of Your Dreams
Who doesn't long at least once to live in the City of Lights? Get the feel no matter where you live with this Parisian-style decor
Full Story
SMALL KITCHENS12 Genius Design Moves for Small Kitchens
These space-enhancing tricks can make compact cooking zones look and feel larger
Full Story
INSIDE HOUZZInside Houzz: Starting From Scratch in a Manhattan Apartment
Even no silverware was no sweat for a Houzz pro designer, who helped a globe-trotting consultant get a fresh design start
Full Story
SMALL HOMESMy Houzz: Vintage Cool Style for a Montreal Apartment
Artwork and flea market finds energize a creative Canadian couple's 700-square-foot home
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDHouzz Tour: London Apartment With a Beautiful Boho Feel
A heady mix of antiques, art, soft lighting and lush plants gives this apartment character and sensual charm
Full Story



samkarenorkarenOriginal Author