SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kvmcnew

Kitchen Color Scheme Thoughts - April update

Kaitlin
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello,

Doing a mini kitchen remodel (new appliances, painting cabinets, new countertop and hardware). What are your thoughts on this scheme? We have red oak throughout the house, and beams in the vaulted kitchen. The walls are already the green shade, and the tile floor is down. We have a dining table similar to the image (eat in kitchen). I would say the rest of the house is designed with traditional/rustic elements.

Kitchen is south facing with floor-to-ceiling windows on the south wall, so it gets a lot of light. The showcase of the kitchen are the windows, so I want the cabinets to almost disappear into the background.

Initial Idea:

April Update:

Alright...I'm back. Appliances are being delivered next week, cabinets getting repainted end of May. I found my exact wall color (Behr Dune Grass) and I'm loving the look of BM Pashmina. They almost blend together during the day, but at night, the cabinets turns a darker stone color. The more I looked at Stone Hearth, the pinker it got, so I scrapped that.

Would almost matching wall/cabinets look weird? I kind of like how it all blends together and then the pop of wood. We weren't planning on repainting the walls for a couple of years, and ideally it would just be the same color. Settled on a backsplash and still planning to go with butcher block counter tops and dark bronze pulls.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath