SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chiara723

How much compensation to ask window company who screwed up your order

chiara723
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

May 2021 I placed an order for impact windows for my condo. The installer I ordered them through kept telling me the install date was pushed back due to the manufacturer (who was local) not being able to get materials because of the supply chain shortage. I called constantly and was told different install dates from September 2021, November 2021, December 2021, January 2022, March 2022 and finally May 2022. After doing my own investigating and contacting the actual owner of the manufacturer (long story short) I came to find out that the install company did not submit my order to the manufacturer until January 3, 2022, 7 months after I placed my order. After more emails sent on my part, now copying the owner of the install company, they finally admitted it was their error.

My question is, what is a fair compensation discount to ask for? Due to the installer's negligence, my order was placed 7 months late which will bring my install date (April/May 2022 I'm now told) to almost 1 year after my purchase. The total cost of the order was $10,182 and I had paid $5,000 back in May 2021 when I originally placed the order. 20%? More? What's a fair amount?

Comments (22)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor