jasdip1

Wednesday's Brain Game---SOLUTION

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Comments (30)

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Interesting.... I'll have to give some more thought to 7, 9, 12 and 14. The rest jumped out at me right away. Happy Wednesday, all!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Oh boy! An other fun one! I'll be back shortly to give it some serious thought. Got a few on this first quick glance through.

Rusty

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I don't yet have anything for 3, 9 or 14. I can't tell what 14 is.

I need roxsol to describe it for me. :)

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

^ Ooooh, I was just coming here to tell you what it is when all of a sudden it came to me! So thank you, blfenton -- by the way, it is a sort of viney plant looking thing.

And yes, I'll ask again -- where in the world is roxsol????? @User

• blfenton
    2 years ago

lettersatoz - Thanks, that gives me an idea but whether it's correct is another matter. :)

So I just need 3 and 9. I see what 3 is doing and will probably kick myself when (or if) I get the answer finally.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Think the kiddos even know what #8 is?

• User
    2 years ago

Bpath, if the kiddos get 7, they’ll get 8 😉

I have no idea what 9 is.🤨 Putting on my thinking toque extra hard today.

Good morning all!

Happy Groundhog Day.

• User
    2 years ago

Ooh, I think I have 9 !

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I think I have 9 too -- if I'm wrong, it'll at least be a good alternate answer! Still don't have 7 or 12.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I believe I've guessed them all 😃

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

There you are, Roxsol!

• User
    2 years ago

Oh, yes here I am😀.

I’ve been out and about enjoying the snow and blue skies.

I just got my fat tire ebike and have been trying it out in the snow. I’m very excited about it. We’re back down to the -30’s so I’m sticking close to home for a bit.🥶

Thanks for the puzzle, Jasdip. It’s a fun one.

• User
    2 years ago

lettersatoz, I’ve got a ’Killer’(s) earworm for 12. 🎶

eta Lol, I also sing the wrong words, but close enough.😁

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Have answers that I am fairly comfortable with for all but 8, 9, and 12. Need to give them some more thought.

Rusty

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Fun puzzle. i did pretty good the first time theough, although I had to spend some time on a couple. I don't have 9 or 12 yet, although I sort of have an answer for 9 that might fit. I am kinda puzzled what 12 is supposed to be.

• User
    2 years ago

Rethinking #12.🤨

I think I have a waaaay better answer than my initial thought.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

First pass, missing 7 8 9 12

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

ah yes this puzzle is from 1983! got 7

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Well....I still don't have 12, but now I have a whole lot of bad songs in my head, including those from Debby Boone, The Doors, and a certain line dance that was probably the genesis of many equally bad line dances to follow - so thanks, roxsol for sending me down that rabbit hole -- haha! If Lars decides to have lights or electricity as a theme for this weekend's FNM, I'll have plenty to contribute.

On the bright side (no pun intended...ok, well maybe), I do have 7 now, but only because I googled it.

• User
    2 years ago

^^^^😁

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

1. Melting pot

2. Jack-in-the-box

3. The plot thickens

4. Hard as nails

5. String quartet

6. Spellbound

7. George Burns

8. Rubber checks

9. Curlicues

10. Fancy footwork

11. Crime wave

12. Electric eye

13. Zip code

14. Ivy League

• User
    2 years ago

Ooh, I had ’triple helix’ for #9. Funny thing, I described it to my husband as three curlicue things.

#12, I thought it was ’bright eyes’ until I got that out of my head and settled on ’electric eye’.

Fun, Jasdip. Thanks 🤠

• User
    2 years ago

Lettersatoz, this was my earworm. I sing Mr. Brighteyes😁

• wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

I guess I think too far outside of the box. #9 Triple French knot #13 Code of silence. Missed #1 due to thinking the word was fat, not pot so I put melting the fat away.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Well, not surprising I missed 9 and never could come up with anything for 12 as I could not for the life of me work out what was represented in the drawing (except for the y). I kept thinking they were light bulb-like things. For 9 I came up with Downward Spiral.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I know I said ”rubber checks” to myself at some point but I forgot that meant something. Definitely missed 9 and 12 and not feeling too bad about them!

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Oh my God. I cannot (!!) believe I didn’t get George Burns!!!! What was I thinking?? When I decided it was going to be someone I musn’t know, I googled George Fire, then George Flame, and discovered there was a singer in the 50’s called George Flame. Huh. Ok. George Flame it is. Honestly, I don’t know how this brain works sometimes. 🙄

For 12, I never saw the word ’eye’ in the puzzle. I do now, though not sure it would have helped. For 9, I had recoil. I think there are lots of good alternate answers for that one.

Thanks, Jasdip.

Say goodnight, Gracie.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I had spell binding for #6 and eye socket for #12. I missed 4 and 9.

• User
    2 years ago

Definitely full points for ’eye socket’. I love that answer!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I never could figure out what the word 'rubber' was made up of in 8, I need to get different computer glasses, I guess. And just about everyting except 'curliques' came to mind for 9. 12 looks like lit up light bulbs on either side of the letter 'y' to me, so no guesses for that, either. Not one of my better games. . . . . .

Rusty