SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_804340210

HELP Family Room Remodel: Choosing Sofa and chairs to purchase.

joy jones
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello, I currently have the Smith brothers of Berne style 395 leather sofa and asking for suggestions for other furniture to order. Color is #1814( medium gray but little lighter than photo). I just received it and wanted to see how it fit in room before purchasing other furniture.

I am replacing the two separate chairs as well as the white sofa seen in photo and will use this arrangement. There is a 395 loveseat (62 inches) -but I wanted something a little longer.

Smith brothers has a mid -size sofa, (style 234) that is just a shorter version of the one I have. It is also 3- cushion but it is only 73 inches. (For size, the white one in photo is 75 inches.) I think another 85' sofa like the one I have would overwhelm the room. I do like the fact that with the mid-size two people to sit more comfortably.

( putting sofas facing each other not an option-I like more open area leading to kitchen. My 1st question is:--Would the SB 73-inch 3- cushion look where the white sofa sits in photo? It is an inch taller and inch more in diameter but 73 inches . Would this be ok? Or, should I just get the loveseat?

Other question, I can also get the matching club chair to my new sofa in same leather & style ( I already have the ottoman) I could then get a 2nd chair in fabric. ( I really want a swivel where wing back sits-we typically keep it off set from from rest of furniture unless needed for guest) OR: should I get two matching chairs in Ivory/gray fabric and have leather ottoman as floater? These are the decisions I am currently struggling with.

**Second to last photo is a stock photo of midsize 234 style that I likecurrently . Last photo is stock photo of currently 395 that I have but in gray leather.

** We will be painting, possibly whitewashing poplar wood walls but leaving trim ( sherwin williams white recommendations?) We also plan to do something with fireplace -stoning around and up to ceiling. Any recommendations, style tips on any above or anything else would be much appreciated. ;<) We will be painting kitchen cabinets as well.

Comments (32)