SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_479339819

James + James dining tables?

Kristen E
2 years ago

Can anyone share experience with James + James furniture, specifically dining tables? I see the ads all over social media but am unsure of actual quality of the work.

Comments (6)

• Safia Dean
    2 years ago

Yes, I am also interested! Was considering buying a dining table from here

• warder45
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@Safia Dean Yelp reviews seem bad: https://www.yelp.com/biz/james-james-furniture-springdale

I was also interested as they seem to have a good mix of styles/colors/high end finishes. I'm always nervous seeing a ton of ad's for something over a decent period of time. Means they are spending a ton of money on that budget vs their product.

Etsy seems to have more favorable reviews:https://www.etsy.com/shop/JamesAndJames?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=622119059 So hard to tell. The thing I'm most nervous about is the customer service. If the complaints were damage in shipping or such, that happens. But the company not doing over the top customer service for $3K+ items, has me leaning towards more of a local furniture maker.

It's too bad this site seems to be tanking into the gutter. Trying to find anything in terms of their furniture used in photos doesn't exist anymore (all promoted photos) and discussions like this have sales folks jumping in to derail with something you're not even asking for.

• Related Discussions

Hello, My name is James and...

Q

Comments (15)
    Wow! What a nice welcome.I feel as if I almost know some of you from reading your posts. I'm glad you like my list.As I said cost was a factor,and i figure what I am spending is a nice dinner out with a friend so I'm not too concerned there. I guess I have been bitten when I don't even own the land that I am going to plant them on. Every summer I would go back to the USA and spend time with my mom and work on her gardens.She and my dad loved flowers.Also would work on my sister's place.It would be fun to come back and see what had happened while I was away. My sister lives in South west Michigan,I looked on the map and she is reeeeally close to Halsons. Next visit we are going there! Thanks for the tips with the slugs,I hope they are not as bad as last year.I appreciate the information about planting tips.I have made a map of where I think I want things to go. A little concerned with the Birch,but it is not the River birch that I have seen discussed here. I like everyone else am really eager to get out in the dirt.I think it is has been an awfully long winter in the whole northern hemisphere. A friend told me today that there are 4 birds who come back to Sweden in the beginning of April.A newspaper article today said they have stopped in Germany and are waiting for warmer weather here. So it's not just us, the birds are pissed at the winter weather tool. Thanks again for the welcomes!
    ...See More

Frank Betz, James Fahy, Don Gardner or House Designer plan

Q

Comments (12)
    Wow, you and I have very similar taste in houses. My needs are for a 1-story, split bedroom, 2500-2700 sq ft plan. We have 3 acres to build on. Donald Gardner's Corinthia is one of the original plans I fell in love with and now, thousands of plans later, I still love it (with a bit of tweaking). Frank Betz's Allenbrook is in my Saved Plans folder on his site and remains one of the finalists as I narrow down my choices. I keep going back to the pantry location every single time I look at it. Seems like an awfully long trek around that peninsula and to the back hallway for my pantry. Think the location of several things in the kitchen/brkfst/family area might need moving around a bit. Loved the La Meilleure Vie plan instantly the first time I looked at the floor plan. I do worry about the costs for framing the roof, though. Have you looked at the Santo L'Agnello House Plan? It is slightly smaller at 2,595 sq ft, but you would hardly know it, the rooms are arranged better, in my opinion. I do like the James Fahy design, especially the fact that it has a single, large eating area. The more plans I look at, the more I decide that for the way most people live, one largish dining area, supplemented by seating at the island or bar, is quite sufficent, and I can find better uses for the square footage that would have been used for a second dining area. The only thing for me is that it is missing one more room (den?) for an alternative sitting/living area. Seems to me that a house almost 2,800 square feet should have enough space for such a room. And thanks for pointing me to the Fahy site, I have seen his plans on the big sites, but had not found his own site. I may share some of my favorites. Be back later!
    ...See More

Did you watch The Blacklist (with James Spader)?

Q

Comments (25)
    Like Spader so started to watch. (Loved BL) The FBI runs out to pick up the little girl and lo and behold the bad guys know all this and set up an elaborate trap on the bridge that they just knew the FBI would be taking. Then they're torturing the husband...of course. I turned it off. Too predictable. (Just a wild guess, but I bet that Spader is Elizabeth's father.)
    ...See More

James Carville/Mary Matalin’s NOLA house for sale - $3.3M

Q

Comments (37)
    Given how the upstairs seems less ornate than the lower level, it would seem they primarily had the downstairs decorated. I think the degree of (original?) detail in the moldings and appliqués really emphasizes the formality. I like the dining room as well. There are a few places where it could be dialed down further. And it is very green. I respect the detail that went into the kitchen reno, with the Lacanche range, the quartzite (?), the Houzz-approved use of drawers only. I even can appreciate the trompe l'oeil on the panels of the twin fridges, that make it seem like there are taller doors there. Though the gilded wood on the hood is an example of where it could be dialed back.
    ...See More
  • brn33
    last year

I own a James & James table. My table stain is not uniform and does not look look similar to the stain color advertised online. The quality otherwise was fine, but for the price I was underwhelmed. I also waited 2 months beyond the quoted lead time. If you are accustomed to dealing with large retailers who will accept returns if you are dissatisfied, you will not be thrilled because they have a no returns policy. You also need to note all damage/defects upon delivery or they will not help you. I did reach a resolution with their customer service, but it was a battle.

• Karen Hall
    5 months ago

save yourself the money, and do not buy from James and James. H Ho Hor Horr Horri Horrib Horribl Horrible Horrible customer Horrible customer service Horrible customer service. Horrible customer service. The Horrible customer service. The furniture Horrible customer service. The furniture y Horrible customer service. The furniture yo Horrible customer service. The furniture you Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like. Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was i. Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture. Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that. Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encourage . Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encourage y. Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encourage yo. Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encourage you. Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encourage you . Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encourage you t. Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encourage you to Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise y Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise yo Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get yo Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get you Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain you’re Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment is Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through. Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you wi. Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you wil. Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to t Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to th Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to the Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it he Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it the Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it tohe Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to he Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to ge Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get y Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get yo Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get you Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going t Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going to Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going to have to Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going to have to sue them Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going to have to sue them as a Mall Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going to have to sue them as small Mall Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going to have to sue them a small claims court Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going to have to sue them a small claims court, which Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going to have to sue them a small claims court, which I will Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going to have to sue them a small claims court, which I will do Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going to have to sue them a small claims court, which I will do. Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going to have to sue them a small claims court, which I will do to get my Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going to have to sue them a small claims court, which I will do to get my money Horrible customer service. The furniture you receive will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment has gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going to have to sue them a small claims court, which I will do to get my money back horrible customer service. The furniture you received will not look like what was in the picture that encouraged you to purchase. I promise you you will not get your furniture till they are absolutely certain your credit card payment is gone through and you will have to fight to dispute it to get your money back. I am going to have to sue them in small claims court, which I will do to get my money back.

Emily in customer service told me these two puctures of legs are exactly the same.the top is what i got, the bottom is what i ordered.

• rkidwiler
    2 months ago

Glad I checked for reviews