SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedyacres

Someone stole all my power tools

weedyacres
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Saturday morning we arrived at the house we're rehabbing to find that someone had broken in and stolen all my power tools. $1500 worth of quality Dewalt and Paslode tools, batteries and chargers. Even ran off with a miter saw on a stand.

We filed a police report. I checked the local pawn shop, which has nothing on the shelves matching my stuff.

I know I'm nowhere near the first one this has happened to, so I'm looking for advice from those who have trod the stolen tool road. Mainly around how much energy do I spend trying to get them back?

Are the police going to be able to do anything on this? Will then even prioritize any sort of investigation? We did give the officer a couple names of shady characters who knew the house was uninhabited and had tools in it, and he was trying to track them down on Saturday. We live in a small town and the druggies and troublemakers are known to law enforcement. Nothing yet.

Do I hound the police to do more? Do I call around to other area pawn shops to see if they've got my stuff? Anything I can or should do to find this stuff? Or am I best advised to move on, lay out some cash and get some new tools? And a security system for the house.

Comments (9)