SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelsey_swager

Cohesive colored kitchen

Kelsey Crafton
2 years ago

Ok, so I am definitely humble enought to admit when I am out of my element and this is one of those time. I am HORRIBLE at anything that has to do with color choice, as far as more than 1 color. So it all starter because I liked this green color our friends had in their house. I got the color (SW dried thyme) and decided to paint my kitchen that color. It was an ugly oatmeal/yellow color before. So once I painted the walls, my husband agreed we could get new countertops but that was all he was willing to do, as we were trying to just "refresh" the kitchen, not remodel it. So, I took my paint sample, a cabinet color sample and a floor color sample with me to pick one out, trying to make it pull everything together and this is what I got. I originally thought I did good and was so proud of myself, but the finished countertops, and the sample peice look way different and I HATE them, but being as they're brand new (so is the floor) I'm stuck with it. So now I'm trying to basically do damage control. I'm willing to paint cabinets, walls, and redo the backsplash, I just want advice from people who don't suck at this. The only thing about painting the cabinets is that the color that they are is all throughout the kitchen (our table and some trim) and I was afraid it would then make those things look out of place?? Please help a girl out.

Comments (9)