SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_325697816

What to do about stainless steel appliances (I hate them!!!)

Bridget Herman
2 years ago

My husband and I just bought our first home and we're crazy enough to do a 203k rehab loan, so we're in the middle of lots of house projects! Out of all the crazy, outdated, and outright dangerous things we bought into with this house, they previous owners had relatively new and nice stainless steel appliances. Everyone who has seen the house thus far has told me how lucky I am for this but truth be told I hate them! We have three going on four small kids and I actually cook all the time, therefore am cleaning up all the time too. I am loathing moving in and having to deal with the mess that the stainless steel will create. I am honestly not a huge fan of the look of them either for my taste, but I would deal with it if that was the only issue. The combo of not liking the look AND it being a pain to clean makes me dislike it more. Is there some magical solution to this problem, or even a "cover" I can get?

I ask because I have seen people covering their "outdated" black and white appliances with stick on skins that mimic the look of stainless steel... is there a reverse product of this? I am dreading this. Or just deciding to not care and succumb to the smudged "lived in" look for the next 15 years.

Comments (10)