SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danachit

New Build With Restrictions, I hate the counter choices, help!

Dana
2 years ago

We are moving to a 55+ community and while the homes have some really nice (and pricey) upgrades, they have very limited choices in counters. I detest all of the granite except the leathered black pearl. Same with the silestone, but the Lusso is nice. My #1 love in stones is Super White. I know all the controversy but I don't care. I think it is the most beautiful stone I've ever seen.

So here's my question. This is a new build. Big kitchen, big island with a centered sink. My husband is insisting I go with what I want cause he doesn't want to hear any regrets.

If I take the freeby, a very ugly granite, with the free one bowl steel sink, would it be feasible to come back in with a local company, replace that granite with the stone I want, get the Kohler whitehaven sink I want and be happy as a clam?

I've only replaced a sink with a new cabinet project. These ARE wood cabinets but not high end,

This will most likely be my last house. Is this a project that is doable? Am I not seeable a foreseeable issue?

Comments (30)