SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dinichillibeanie

Seeking your advice on whole house flooring options

Dina
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello, I just bought a 1600 SF house on the central coast of Florida (several miles inland). Preparing to do a kitchen remodel and whole house floor replacement (open concept kitchen/dining/living room and hallway). This isn't a high end home, but it's a nice solid house that deserves a good investment and I hope to live here a long time. I was planning to use a Lumber Liquidator LVP called Dewy Meadow but I've become aware of a lot of cautionary tales about LL products. So now I'm considering other options: Tile? Other brands of LVP. Or maybe cork or bamboo?? I like to walk barefoot. We don't have pets or kids. And we like to have windows open often, we only use AC when it's really humid and hot.

I'd appreciate suggestions for long term durability and comfort, especially if you've been around long enough to see the aging/performance of a floor. I'd rather not have to replace the floor in 15 years. But I've also read that even hardwood has to be refinished approx every 15-20 years, (not sure if true) it sounds like it's just as expensive to refinish hardwood as to install new LVP... Thank you for your advice!

Comments (4)