SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skd171

Berkshire sectional from Williams-Sonoma - 3 yrs old with no reviews

Dee Ess
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello All,

I'm considering purchasing this sectional, but there aren't any reviews on it on WS' website, or anywhere really. The price is $10k USD with custom fabric, so looking to gather any info I can on its comfort etc. because it's special order and can't be returned. There also aren't any local shops carrying it.

Further, the WS phone folks didn't have much knowledge of the item and said I'd have to figure out a store that had it stocked to call in and ask an associate.

The only thing I could find is Rolling Stone claimed it was a top 10 "online" couch earlier this year. Not sure whether that's legit, or if they are just trying to get referral $, as the review is extremely scant.

Link to Sectional

I want to know if it'll be comfortable or if I should rule it out, and I have some data/random notes which could assist, even without reviews:

My main concern with the Berkshire: the back height is 30 inches and depth is 40".

The CB Lotus, similarly sized with 29"H, 40" D, caused my neck immediate straining from a lack of upper back support as soon as I sat in it.

Conversely, the the Lounge from Crate and Barrel is 37" H, 46" D and it's SUPER comfortable,

The Lugano sectional from Restoration hardware is 32" H, 46" D and I didn't have that neck straining feeling at all. Also super comfortable.

Comment