SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancymucciarone

Trim Color with Swiss Coffee Kitchen Cabinets

Nancy M
2 years ago

Hello! It's time to select paint colors for my new build, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed! We've selected Benjamin Moore Swiss Coffee for our kitchen cabinets, and we'll have Sherwin Williams Grays Harbor for our island. Our project manager said that it's typical to match your kitchen cabinets to your trim color, but I think we're a bit hung up on being put into a box with a warmer, creamy white trim throughout the whole house vs something more neutral white. For some extra context, our open concept kitchen/living room is south facing with lots of windows and glass doors, and we'd like to keep the space a bit lighter (basically, we'd like to do some variation of a white on the walls). I've read that we could do tone on tone, and do Swiss Coffee cabinets/walls/trim in different finishes, but again, I'm just a bit worried about having that warmer white trim in all the bedrooms, basement, etc.

We went to the house earlier today to try to figure out what colors would be best, and snapped the below two photos while we were there. The first is taken from the foyer looking into the kitchen, and the second is taken from the kitchen looking into the living room.

Would really appreciate any suggestions for trim and wall colors! Thanks so much in advance!

Comments (5)