SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

I'll Show You Mine/You Show Me Yours - Fr 12/24/21

Annie Deighnaugh
2 years ago

Happy Christmas Eve Day!

Show me something that says Christmas time to you.

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

Comments (55)

• lgmd_gaz
    2 years ago

The cookies have been delivered

• eld6161
    2 years ago

I mentioned to DH that a little wreath would be nice on the kitchen window

And, just like that, this!

Taken a minute ago. (Note, the snow)

• schoolhouse_gwagain
    2 years ago

Merry Christmas Eve to all. No sleigh rides this year, no snow, just rain.

• socks
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@schoolhouse_gwagain That’s beautiful piece.

Our front tree.

@Annie, at this time many of us are thinking of loved ones not with us. Your mom would be so pleased to see your wreath and reindeer. Or is it reindeers?

@User Thats a funny ornament, charming and sweet. Is it a reindeer?

• gsciencechick
    2 years ago

Polish food items! I did not wait until the last minute and went to the Polish deli early last week. Fortunately, this is only about 10 minutes from my house.

• User
    2 years ago

Thats a funny ornament, charming and sweet. Is it a reindeer?

Socks, it is a little donkey dressed up as an angel. She is in memory of a sweet little jenny named Chalupa.

It is a Patience Brewster ornament.

• dedtired
    2 years ago

Santa comes to my street on the fire engine every Christmas Eve. A tradition for us for 50 years.

• LynnNM
    2 years ago

Christmas. A welcoming wreath on our front door, for family and friends. Merry Christmas!!!

• Sueb20
    2 years ago

Celebrations with friends.

• Lars
    2 years ago

Aquaman Christmas

• heatheron40
    2 years ago

This year's big memory will be adding cabinets, during a pandemic with all the delays- here we are Christmas Eve, eve. Also canceling plans to see parents, dad has covid again. Vaxed, boosted and mild case in August, it's mild again :^) Didn't want to risk anything though, DD has White Coat ceremony after the holidays.

• fully2
    2 years ago

Its not Christmastime until i get out my silver snowflakes

• Kaya
    2 years ago

We've ended up with too many sweets again, but the treadmill can wait as I intend to enjoy this for a time.

And now we are awaiting our guests.

• maire_cate
    2 years ago

My Nutcrackers: Medicine Man and Chimney Sweep.

• just_terrilynn
    2 years ago

All holidays and Christmas were magical in the little village I spent the first twelve years of my life in. I think for a lot of us those first years hold a special place. Even though I can remember exactly when I stopped believing in Santa, my non belief didn't take away the excitement. One year someone I knew had the nerve to dress up as Santa and crash my parents Christmas eve party where all the adults tried to convince little four year old me that my dads friend (who smelled of whiskey) was the real Santa. I wouldn't have it and loudly exclaimed, then there isn't a Santa. I got a lot of shushing but it did no good lol.

Sometimes the Lyons Club would do something in our little town hall.

Not sure if they still do

• sealavender
    2 years ago

As seen in Carlsbad, CA. I have a hard time keeping them alive at home.

• gsciencechick
    2 years ago

I got this beautiful pot at the supermarket. They almost look fake. I keep them outside away from the kitties.

• czarinalex
    2 years ago

The little NOEL elves were the first decorations I'd look for when I was a kid. Couldn't wait to get them out of the box, put the little candles in and set them on the piano. I thought they were lost to time, but my brother found them stashed in a box last year and gave them to me. They make me smile every time I pass them. The Santa was one of the first decorations I bought when I got married. His robe is made of paper and has held up pretty good for over 40 years. This says Christmas to me.

• Tina Marie
    2 years ago

Another poinsettia

And one more

You can see I like the pink varieties!

• fnmroberts
    2 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone.

A few still shots of various decorations about the house.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    2 years ago

Carmelita (and Fred) dressing up for Christmas is one of my highlights. I love decorating the house and having friends and family in for visits.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

My fave Christmas decor is the old marble urn i fill with ornaments for the table in our entry hall.

Here is our flocked tree in the family room; bonus! - real snowonthe trees outside too!

DR: The stockings are hung by the chimney with care:

And our fresh cut tree in the living room. The smallest we have ever had. We usually don't get a tree until Dec 15 but even though we went early they were almost sold out. Well, it sure was easier to decorate!

• gsciencechick
    2 years ago

Also a small tree. I call it our “rescue tree” since it came from my department office suite. No lights because it’s a little dry. Also keep it in the kitchen so needles are not all over the house.

And someone gift wrapped himself. He is clearly the best present 🎁

• jrb451
    2 years ago

Love the fridge @gsciencechick!

• jmm1837
    2 years ago

Some beautiful arrangements in these pix. I confess that we don't do as much - Christmas in mid-summer just doesn't have the same feeling.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    2 years ago

gscience, cautionary tale. I had a bag like that with those handles on a chair. Mila put her head through the handle to look inside and then went to pull her head out...the bag came with her. She took off like a shot with the bag rattling loudly everywhere she went. Somehow she ran downstairs, peeing all the way as she was so frightened. The noise was terrible and scared Misty who was downstairs and took off like a shot. I managed to finally grab hold of Mila and get the bag off her head...clean up the pee that was all down the stairs. Then I saw Misty and her back feet were bloody. Poor cat. We have level loop carpeting and when she took off, her claws must've caught in the rug, ripping two out of each of her back paws. She ended up at the vets getting her feet treated. Fortunately her claws grew back just fine. But now I'm very careful about bags with handles on them!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    2 years ago

There will only be 4 of us tomorrow, thank you COVID. But the table is all set...

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    2 years ago

jterri...enlarge the pic....they are wearing festive bows

• jmm1837
    2 years ago

It's actually Christmas morning now, my time - so I'm prepping the prawns and fixing a salad. Dessert will be sliced strawberries and chunks of fresh mango tossed in mint sugar. Good for a warm climate Christmas 😋

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Merry Christmas jmm!!!

• jmm1837
    2 years ago

And a Merry Christmas, whenever it arrives, to all the denizens of "I'll show you mine!"

• Mimou-GW
    2 years ago

Breakfast on the eve of Christmas

• texanjana
    2 years ago

Watching Christmas Vacation with the family, an annual tradition. Merry Christmas!

• just_terrilynn
    2 years ago

Annie I see it now!

• teeda
    2 years ago

From my childhood. I love plugging it in every year.

• arcy_gw
    2 years ago

• jojoco
    2 years ago

• 3katz4me
    2 years ago

• Springroz
    2 years ago

• Sueb20
    2 years ago

Best part of my day. Santa brought me a neck massager and DS made me a cocktail before I started making dinner.

Don’t mind my makeup; it makes me look a bit pale.

• daisychain Zn3b
    2 years ago

Guess what part of this snack for our traditional Christmas Scrabble game tells you we are Canadian. :)

• Oakley
    2 years ago

Daisy, are you a Belieber? lol I am.

• 3katz4me
    2 years ago

• daisychain Zn3b
    2 years ago

LOL, 2katz!

• Jilly
    2 years ago

One of the gifts my dad got me:

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    2 years ago

Until I saw DD’s MIL’s Presepe (traditional Neapolitan creche) I hadn’t realised

Bethlehem had a pizzeria.......

• Jilly
    2 years ago

Pizzeria 😂