Wishing All RP readers and lurkers . . .
4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (14)
Related Discussions
Calling all lurkers! Stand up and
Comments (78)I seldom read on Conversations but drop in and read select threads on Home Decor. We're retired and travel a bit but we have a portable internet connection so I'm rarely far from the 'net except where cell service is unavailable. I occasionally post but I know I don't care as much as many others here about changing things in my house. We have a fairly new home on a large acreage and I like our accumulations of "stuff" in our home so will probably seldom post pics as I'm not looking for advice on changing things. I find lots of inspiration here as well as on other MB's and sites. There are some posters homes here I could happily adopt! ;-) As others have also said my favorite shopping places are yard sales, vintage, antique and consignment stores. I could probably start a store with my finds but I just play around and rotate them frequently. I mostly post on Garden Junk as I'm really into that right now and they're a very friendly group. I finally learned to post pics and it's not all that difficult, if I can do it anyone can. I also "read" and infrequently post on several other forums when the mood strikes. Here's a YS find I just couldn't resist! LOL...See MoreMay I say something to all lurkers
Comments (57)Hi and thank you for the welcome. I usually lurk because I don't get here often. I find that when I get on the internet - and especially this site! - that I can spend an enormous amount of time. So while I enjoy checking in to see whats going on, or what is new, or new photos, I also check out the money saving tips, or crafts and painting. I actually don't fit in too much there either as I paint on canvas, but don't do crafts or decorative painting any more. But, I still enjoy seeing what others do. Everyone in these groups are very friendly and I know that if I occasionally have an answer or thought about something, it, nor I, will be rejected. I say silent prayers for those in need. Laugh at funny remarks, and have a great time. I have my cuppa and occasionally grab a refill. Rhonda...See MoreRP for Lonely Readers
Comments (42)Literature says nothing to those human beings who are satisfied with their lot, who are content with life as they now live it. Literature is the food of the rebellious spirit, the promulgator of non-conformities, the refuge for those who have too much or too little in life. One seeks sanctuary in literature so as not to be unhappy and so as not to be incomplete. To ride alongside the scrawny Rocinante and the confused Knight on the fields of La Mancha, to sail the seas on the back of a whale with Captain Ahab, to drink arsenic with Emma Bovary, to become an insect with Gregor Samsa: these are all ways that we have invented to divest ourselves of the wrongs and the impositions of this unjust life, a life that forces us always to be the same person when we wish to be many different people, so as to satisfy the many desires that possess us. Mario Vargas Llosa Even when reading is impossible, the presence of books acquired produces such an ecstasy that the buying of more books than one can read is nothing less than the soul reaching towards infinity . . . we cherish books even if unread; their mere presence exudes comfort; their ready access, reassurance. A.E. Newton...See MoreWelcome to RP! Pleased to meet you...
Comments (35)Hello everyone, My name is PAM. I write it in all CAPS as there used to be about five Pam's here and this was an easy way to help differentiate. Not an ego thing, honestly. I hail from central PA. I have been on RP since the mid-1990's and remember the Spike years and being "Disneyed". I visit here regularly but have posted less frequently since I 1) got divorced and 2) started to work full time. But now I am getting back to RP and it feels great to be back "home" amongst friends. George Gissing is my favorite writer and I tend to go on and on about him occasionally. I do enjoy the classics but need to read more of them. As I get older, I find I am spending less time on fluff and more time on the non-fiction and the classics. (Present book club book EXCEPTED... ugh... true crime by Ann Rule.. someone SAVE me, please.) I read almost anything except romance, western and sci-fi. LOVE well-written non-fiction especially micro-histories. I shall definitely be crushed one day by my books. I love to garden but need more time. I enjoy needlework but need more time. And when it comes right down to it... I put away the needlework, let the weeds grow, and pick up a book. I am in three book clubs but often just show up for the wine. (AstroKath... Rosemont Estates is one of my favorites.) My favorite thing about RP is that reading is such a solitary passion (not hobby, PASSION), but here at RP, I can share with like-minded, intelligent, kind, people. Oh, and I am engaged and soon to be married. Life is so good. PAM...See More- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Stories

LIFE10 Steps for Saying Goodbye to Sentimental Objects
Are keepsakes cluttering your space and your life? Consider this approach for letting go and moving on
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESThe Hottest Houzz Discussion Topics of 2012
Discussions rocked and rolled this year with advice, support, budding friendships — and oh, yes, a political opinion or two
Full Story
COLOR12 Tried-and-True Paint Colors for Your Walls
Discover one pro designer's time-tested favorite paint colors for kitchens, baths, bedrooms and more
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESDecorating 101: Do It Yourself or Hire a Pro?
Learn the advantages and disadvantages of decorating alone and bringing in skilled help
Full Story
You Said It: Hot-Button Issues Fired Up the Comments This Week
Dust, window coverings, contemporary designs and more are inspiring lively conversations on Houzz
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Tradition and Romance Live On at an 1875 Estate
Even without the ballroom, gazebo and resident peacock, this Australian property would be an idyllic wonder to behold
Full Story
vee_newOriginal Author