SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_wayman

May I say something to all lurkers

Linda Wayman
15 years ago

In reference to Abby's post about calling out lurkers. There were several of you who said you felt like you would be intruding if you posted because the rest of us seem to know each other so well and are like family. In my opinion all of us other than the people who have been here since day one, are newbys. As far as having nothing to say, well, that never stopped me. :) You say you enjoy looking at the pictures, so just jump on in here and say so. When someone here asks for good thoughts or prayers, the more people who respond, the better for the person asking for help.

When someone here asks for help with a problem, simple or complex, personal or otherwise, at some point you might have a possible solution. Please do not hesitate to reply.

This is not just a place to ask for help though. It's where you can come tell when your dog dug a big hole in the back yard, like I posted yesterday. Talk about having nothing to say.......

At the Kitchen Table we are friends and we are like family. We care about each other. As soon as someone new comes we scoot the chairs back a little to make room for them at the table. It is a joyous occasion when our family and our group of friends grows. It is a time of celebration so we gather our chocolate and our coffee or whatever our favorite food or beverage is and bring it to the table to share. This is a cyber table so it can become as large as it needs to be and there is always another chair.

I am a pretty private person. There are some personal things I've said here that I wouldn't say to some of my face to face friends. It's funny that I would put the information on the internet where it could be seen by thousands or even millions of people, but for some reason it is easier to say some things here. I hope you will come to feel that way too.

All I'm trying to say is please do not feel intiminated and do not feel as though you are butting in by posting. I assure you that you are very welcome here.

Linda

Comments (57)