SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_788251878

Fridge 12-13 feet from sink

HU-788251878
2 years ago

We are remodeling the home we just bought (our first) and we eliminated the formal dining room make a larger kitchen. We are struggling with the layout given the existing plumbing and windows in the space. I like a window over the sink and so we will need to leave the sink where it is or otherwise we would need to add another window, which we aren’t excited about doing.

The design with the kitchen on the far wall was made by our cabinet designer (D1). The fridge is 12-13 feet from the sink in that design. Each little box is a foot. The design with all of the fridge, sink, and oven on the same wall was suggested by our contractor (D2). There is only about 18 inches between the sink and stove and the stove and fridge. I don’t love either of them honestly. The fridge is super far away in one and everything is crammed together in the other.

My thoughts:

-add a prep sink by the fridge in D1 if we can. An extra source of water is always nice and that way we don’t have to lug everything across the kitchen

-we thought about sink in the island but we really want the island to be clear and would prefer the sink under the window

Anyone see any solutions I’m not seeing? We could cover up the window that the fridge is placed next to in D1 I guess, but I hate to lose the natural light. Thoughts?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!