SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dottt1

Smooth trim on a textured stucco home?

dottt1
2 years ago

My home is brick and textured stucco with cedar trim. The cedar trim is not in good shape. As I've been replacing windows, it is clearly time to do something about the trim. Soffits and fascia are smooth wood (or wood product I guess in the case of the fascia). I would really rather have something more fireproof than wood wherever possible. So I'm looking at cement board trim around the windows and doors, on the porch columns and at the corners of the building. Should that be smooth everywhere since the fascia and soffits are? Does it matter? Is is ok to mix textured trim with the smooth soffits and fascia (that is the way it was done originally)? Would appreciate any advice / opinions on this. I just want it all to be in good condition and to get it right the first time. My first choice was to just have the wood pulled off and stucco filled in, but I learned that there isn't wire behind the wood so the walls would have to be cut into. And I'm just not thrilled about styrofoam bumpouts or paper over wood bumpouts.

Comments (2)