SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mr_bill_m

Mealies - again!

Bill M.
2 years ago

I don't get it. Two months before bringing in my plants for the winter I started spraying with an insecticide. Every two weeks I sprayed. I couldn't find a mealy anywhere. I brought the plants in and continued spraying, again every two weeks. Under the leaves, in the axiels, on top, I literally soaked them. The plants were exceptionally healthy and growing like crazy. I was happy. The plants were happy. The bugs were sad.

This week I noticed a single mealy on my multiflora. Ok, no problem, I got out the q-tip and alcohol and whack! Mealy gone to mealy heaven. Today I check and a a few more of my plants have mealies! These guys have to be the toughest bugs going. They seem impervious to everything.

I fully expected this to happen since it does every year, but I thought I'd get until February before the war started. Now it's begun in December. I am no longer happy. The plants are no longer happy. The mealies - they don't give a S$@t. They just keep trudging on, crawling out of their bunkers, and sending reinforcements. Let the battle begin!

Have any of you started to engage them already?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm