SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_smith7335

Worst Tile Job I've Ever Seen! Now What?

Jennifer Smith
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I hired a company to remove my shower pan and install a tile floor instead. After the shower pan was removed I was told that the wall behind the shower was wet. The wall tile was removed and the wall repaired. I had some larger shower tile for my shower however, the tile setter said that it could not be done along with the small glass tiles because it was too thick(?). Afterward, the tile setter told me that we could use the tile that was to be used on the floor on the walls as well. During the 5 days it took him to tile my tiny shower he ran out of tile four times and had me go purchase another $200 box. Today he said he was finished except some grout clean up. I had been checking throughout the week and had already had him take tile off several place that he just laid because it was crooked. It is the worst tile job I have ever seen. It's crooked everywhere and terrible. I called his boss and was told that this might have been the man's first shower tile job and that he usually does floor tile. I am livid. Obviously this man cannot take it down and fix it because he has no idea what he is doing. What now?

Comments (12)