Good happy beach reads for a stocking stuffer
4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (15)
Related Discussions
Ladies a good book to read on a Sunday Afternoon
Comments (1)Thank you....See MoreJune and Hours of Happy Reading
Comments (68)It has been a long time since I've posted here but I have been reading. Sometimes I have so much to say there isn't time and sometimes I have nothing! In the last week I finished three very enjoyable books and wanted to give them a mention. The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair by Joel Dicker is about 650 pages long and I finished it in less than a week because I couldn't put it down. It is a thriller about a writer who develops writer's block after having written a very successful book. He visits his college professor, Harry Quebert, also a writer who had one very successful book. The story jumps around in time and would have been impossible in audio book format. This book has the most mixed reviews on Amazon that I have ever seen, about evenly mixed between those who loved it and those who hated it. I loved it. The Big Tiny by Dee Williams is about a woman who discovers she has a heart problem in her early 40s and decides to simplify her life by leaving her home that she had done so much work on and building instead a tiny house that measures 84 square feet and is on wheels. She built the house herself and has lived in it for 10 years, I believe. While I could never live in a house nearly that small, it does make me think about having so much stuff (especially books) and why can't I live without a lot of this stuff. Fantastic book! The third book is another wonderful thriller, Suspicion by Joseph Finder. I like all of his books and saved this one for a few weeks because there will be a long wait for another book by him. It has a few gruesome spots but I was able to skim through them without too much problem. This one makes you wonder who you can trust....See MoreHoliday Shopping....the stocking stuffer version
Comments (66)I ordered a card game called Game of Phones that you play w your cell phone in a group. It is described as sort of a combo cellular scavenger hunt and Apples to Apples. I also ordered a mug with a map on it. It comes w markers to fill in the countries (or another version of the mug has states) you have visited. You fire it in your oven. You can add more later and fire it again....See MoreCute stocking stuffer deal!
Comments (16)Uptown Gal, I ordered something else from them that arrived quickly. Several days later they sent me an email saying it had just been shipped. So I imagine things are a tad hectic at their end. By the way, just so you know, each time we hit Enter, it starts a new paragraph. Bpath, I had it sent to my granddaughter as kind of a Christmas gift afterthought. She has a hooked hot pad that I made for her. I like the idea of the silicone handle-wraps, although I've only seen the regular size. Her birthday is next month. :-) Rho, I'm glad to have a first-hand (more or less) positive review!...See More- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Hodgepodge Happiness in a Santa Cruz Beach House
Flea market finds picked for love, no matching required, fill a 1950s home in coastal California
Full Story
LIFEHouzz Call: Where (and What) Are You Reading This Summer?
Whether you favor contemporary, classic or beach reads, do the long and lazy days of summer bring out the lit lover in you?
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME15 Cozy Book Nooks and What They Want You to Read
Put the beach reads away; these comfy spaces are creating a fall reading list. What books do they suggest to you?
Full Story
PETS60 Design-Happy Pets From Around the World
Cuteness alert: Furry and feathered friends show off their good design taste in these pet-friendly homes
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEWhat Really Makes Us Happy at Home? Find Out From a New Houzz Survey
Great design has a powerful impact on our happiness in our homes. So do good cooking smells, family conversations and, yes, big-screen TVs
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEThe Well-Stocked Minimalist
The trick is to have just enough of the right stuff at home — no more, no less. Here’s how to do it
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEDoes Your Home Make You Happy?
How to design an interior that speaks to your heart as well as your eyes
Full Story
HOLIDAYSThese Homes Say Happy Mardi Gras!
Let the good times roll around the house with Mardi Gras beads, glittery high heels, Fat Tuesday colors and more
Full Story
LIFEWhat You’re Reading This Summer — and Where
Check out Houzzers’ summer reading lists and get some ideas for your own!
Full Story
LIFESimple Pleasures: Cozy Up Your Reading Spot
Losing yourself in a good book is even better with these ideas for reading comfortably all around the house
Full Story
Carolyn Newlen