SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanjeanremodelmachine

Help with entryway proportions: Console + Mirror sizes?

Mittens Cat
2 years ago

Our remodel left with us with higher ceilings and an open living space. I figured the entryway would be the easiest spot to furnish, but now I wonder if my plan for a 36" modern console table + 32" round mirror might get lost in all that space? I'm not good with proportions so hoping you visual-spatial types can advise!

The wall from front door to first bedroom is 10 feet 6 inches. The blue tape on the wall marks where the front door opens to. (The other blue tape is another story!)

We use our side entrance 95% of the time, so we aren't looking for a coat rack, shoe rack, cubbies or place to throw our keys. This entrance would be for guests. We're in SoCal, so it's rare that people would need a place for coats or umbrellas!

Here's a stock photo of the mirror I had planned to use (too late to return, but happy to donate to H4H if it doesn't work out...especially now that I realize it has a hook on top--weird):

And this is the console I purchased (can still be returned):

Mainly looking for help on how big the mirror and console should be too look proportional to the space. Thanks!

Comments (7)