SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anj_p

Counter Stool Help

anj_p
2 years ago

I have a wood island with white quartz counters (Hanstone Paros). My floors are medium tone stained wood (warm). We've kind of landed on a MCM/transitional combo decor style for the living and dining room so I'd like to get counter stools that coordinate.

Unfortunately I don't have a better pic of the island from farther back but this is the (in progress) kitchen. The wood is lighter than it is in this pic (mission oak stain).

We got Rove Concepts Aubrey Monaco cream chairs in our dining room with a medium wood trestle table and blue/white/black accents. Chairs are below (you can see the counter stools in the background).

I could get the same chairs in counter stool but I think it might be too much? Also that color is monaco white, which I now realize I probably should have gotten instead of monaco cream. Darn it.

In our living room, we are going to get a navy couch with some camel leather (or possibly a bit more brown than orange) chairs. None of this has been purchased yet.

Struggling on how to tie this in with the kitchen. I like these from HD, particularly the swivel aspect, but not sure about all the wood.

Or maybe here I need to go more for a black base and a more cushioned stool? Maybe something a little less MCM and more neutral? Comfort is really important - we would like backs, and cushioned would be a plus. Swivel would be nice but not necessary.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated! Thanks!

Comments (3)