SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eliznewjersey

Massive TV -- what to do

eliznewjersey
2 years ago

My husband talked me into buying a TV that is WAY too big for our living room. We cannot return it (PC Richards will not allow you to return a TV over 50 inches -- not even a restocking fee -- so let that be a warning!). Let me repeat. It cannot be returned. My only option is to shut the door to my living room and never go in there again or figure out a way to minimize the damage. I recognize that this is sort of like plugging the hole in the Titanic (trust, me, both Leo and Kate would fit on this TV with room to spare). I have to buy a media console so I'm wondering if trying to line up the size with the TV (it's 75 inches w) would be better or should I go with something wider--also what height works and what color (dark to match TV?)? Or does it even matter and should I just buy whatever's cheapest and take solace in the fact that I'm not throwing good money after bad (or good design after bad). I do not have a family room--there is no other place for this TV to live. (The wires are going to go in the wall -- another great endorsement for PC Richards; sent wrong materials when getting installed). Please be kind!

Comments (68)