SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pam2334

Basement with TV and electric fireplace

pam2334
2 years ago

Hi everyone! We are finishing our fairly small basement with low ceilings (7 ft) and contending with various soffits which bring them even lower in certain places. The main room is about 350 sq ft. It will mainly be used by our young kids and looking for it to be a comfortable area for them to keep their toys and watch TV. We also want to add an electric fireplace or stove for an added heat source. I want to use faux exposed brick as the accent material, but I’m having trouble figuring out how to configure everything. My first thought was to have a wide and narrow recessed fireplace low in the middle of the wall (underneath the soffit) with a TV above it, but not sure if that will look odd with the soffit, as we’d box that area out. I purchased two storage credenzas to put on either side of the fireplace for extra storage. My latest thought is to put a standalone electric stove in the middle of the wall and mount the TV on the wall above the credenza to the left. If we did that, we would do the faux exposed brick on entire wall. Any ideas or thoughts? I have no idea what to do. Lol

Comments (2)