SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lghay

Mixing stained and white cabinets in kitchen update

lghay
2 years ago

I am looking for opinions and guidance on which of my kitchen cabinets to paint and which to leave the existing stain?

The home had a strong “Tuscan” vibe when we purchased in 2011 (it was built in 2007). I had help from a designer and changed paint color and backsplash which definitely lightened things up.

Currently painted trim is SW Alabaster and walls are SW Accessible beige (cut 50%). Dining room is SW Smoky Blue and backsplash is glass tile in aqua & smoky blue and dark gray.

Granite is Uba Tuba. Would love to replace, but unfortunately that is not in the budget since there is a LOT of it!

The home was built with a mixture of stained crown molding in entry and kitchen and white painted trim and base molding everywhere else. The cabinet doors are good quality solid wood in a medium stain with a cocoa glaze.

Originally, I was going to paint all the wood crown and cabinets white, but I have realized that I actually like the look and warmth of some wood.

So my dilemma is, which cabinets to paint, and should I paint the crown that does not top a painted cabinet (the trim that just runs along the wall)?

I will be attaching some pictures of the kitchen which will hopefully provide the visual for others to give specific advice!

Thanks in advance!

Comments (24)