SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jb_181411202

LVT floating floor alongside other style with no transition strip?

jb_181411202
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I would like to have a tile kitchen floor abutting a wood-look living room floor. It's an appearance that is similar to that shown in the attached photo, but I don't want to bear the cost of hardwood nor real tile if I can help it. I also don't want to have a transition strip of any kind. The line along which the floor transitions would need to be at a slant. I prefer a floating floor rather than something installed using adhesive.

One option I hoped for was to install LVT/LVP/EVP wood-look flooring next to LVT/LVP/EVP tile-look flooring. If the wood-look pattern and the tile-look pattern were from the same manufacturer, they would be able to joint together. Unfortunately, it seems like fact that those flooring pieces are installed in a staggered fashion would prevent me from achieving the transition in a straight line (and at a slant).

Alternatively, perhaps I could do LVT/LVP/EVP for the wood-look and then install real tile or slate for the other portion. Then, again, how is the edge of the LVT/LVP/EVP put at a slant along the transition, and what would secure that edge without a transition strip?

Are my only true options to either (1) shell out the money for real tile and real hardwood or (2) use a flooring material for both styles that installs using adhesive?

Comments (3)