SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Thanksgiving "prep"

amylou321
2 years ago

Not chopping veggies or brining the bird. Not grocery shopping. Not making pies. I am talking about a whole other kind of prep.

Do you prepare to EAT more on Thanksgiving?

I know several people who go on sort of a "fast" the whole week before, others who merely do not eat at all the day before, and others that just eat lightly for the whole month before in preparation for turkey day. Some of them do it to watch their weight, others do it because they think they can pack more in...

I do not. I find I do not eat more in volume on Thanksgiving than I do any other meal, though it is generally higher in fat, calories and carbs than a normal meal, I just do not see one meal warranting such behavior. The only thing different is that I will be eating pumpkin pie for breakfast for a week. And as I will not be eating it IN ADDITION to a normal breakfast, I do not see the harm.

Christmas is a whole other thing, and I will somewhat restrict leading up to that, as the foods I prepare for that celebration are simply ridiculous, and often reserved for such gatherings.

Comments (21)