SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleevendog

the night before holiday meal...

We always have seafood the night before a holiday meal. Something light and easy-ish. Easy since the Thanksgiving meal prep can involve some similar ingredients at the same time.

As usual, my grocery trip to Fairway, my local shopping store, was abuzz with totally lost Thanksgiving hosts. I must have helped 20 palm-to-forehead shoppers. That lost look of stress. 90% of their workforce were busy re-stocking the shelves and way too young to even know what a chestnut is. Certainly do not know how to 'cook' it. It was a hoot helping the lost souls, non cooks, wrestle with recipe lists. It was festive and spirits were high. Until they ran out of brussel sprouts! Who runs out of brussel sprouts the tuesday before thanksgiving?

I meant to pick up a 1/4 lb of their smoked salmon, but was derailed and lost track. I even looked baffled at one point and an employee offered assistance. "well, you could help me find my cart", lol.

No lobsters at all, not even the blue crabs they have had recently. Gulf shrimp?, meh, and so expensive.

I did clean out one of my kitchen freezer bins to make room for all this holiday cooking...found some nice slab bacon...maybe a 'great american burger'?. : D

Failed this year on the seafood tradition....

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022