SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lingol

My Lake House Reno - Would Love Opinions about Exterior Paint Colors

Linda
2 years ago

My challenging lake house reno has begun. I'm excited, but give me strength. My new home was actually featured at https://housekaboodle.com/mount-dora-fl-home-for-sale/. We've already done quite a bit outside to tone it down regarding the clutter. The exterior of the house will be gray with white trim-a combo of shingles and siding. (Since I live in a mossy area, we have to minimize the white since I've been told it gets a fungus-like cover. I still however would like white trim. The new roof will be Landmark Pro Pewter. Does anybody have suggestions for the specific colors to use on the exterior regarding gray and white? I don't mind the color of the current gray shingles, but I don't know the exact paint. I'm open for suggestions. Note: I like Nantucket gray and white- looking homes. The accessories will also be removed from the porch door. All the curly accessories and wooden trees have been removed. If anyone can show how he or she would paint the porch that would also be great. Regarding the chimney, we are also debating whether to stucco it and paint it white with black trim on the top (common in Nantucket) or try to remove the excess mortar and just paint it gray to blend in with the gray shingles and siding. We're basically going to keep the cottage-like feel but tone it way down and update it. I would love and appreciate your opinions and suggestions!

Comments (7)