SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_435456216

What paint color for my front door??

Christy D
2 years ago

I'm having an awful time deciding on a color for our front door. The screen door was originally brown and I hated it so I painted it to match the red interior door but it's much, much brighter than I like.

I want the door to harmonize with the siding and brick, but also to stand out enough to make a focal point. I'm currently thinking a deep purple. Maybe. The trickiest part is that the door color abuts brown wood trim on one side and the red bricks on the other so it has to work with both very well.

BTW we're not looking to replace the screen door or paint the siding or bricks. Someday we'll update the entry area but that's not a project for today.

Here's the original brown that matches the rest of the house:

Here's after I painted it the same color as the interior door (I swear they're the same color even though they look nothing alike when you look at them in the picture or real life. Drat the tricks light plays):

And here I used one of the online paint visualizers with what I'm kind of thinking. Note, I also virtually added a strip of brown trim to the right side of the door to see if that helps balance things out.

Does the purple work? Any other suggestions??

Comments (13)