SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ktj459

Floor plan critique

ktj459
2 years ago

i tried posting this already, but it keeps getting deleted. i am hoping this sticks….

Hello!

we are closing on land this week and have decided on a floor plan.

We will be reversing the plan and detaching the garage, and I’m having an architect adjust a few things. we will be adding windows on either side of the range, enlarging the kids study and reducing the size of the master bedroom, and rejigging the master bathroom/closets so that you don't have to go through the bathroom to get to the closet. i’m thinking one on either side of a hallway that accesses a bathroom at the front of the home.

I’d love for everyone to pick the plan apart and see if I’m missing anything that might make it more functional. I’ve put pictures below that show the adjustments I am considering (I am not skilled so sorry for the look of them). They are not set in stone, so if you think my adjustments

make things worse, I’d like to hear that too. For a little more information the lot is a little over two acres of open field, has a gentle front slope with a flat site for the home at the top, and the front of the house will face straight west. I trust the architect to help us, but also would love feedback from this knowledgeable group before I meet with him. Thanks!

Comments (23)