SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olychick2

Bad customer service; no, GOOD customer service; wait, maybe good/bad?

Olychick
2 years ago

I bought a set of tires on a promotion that if I used the Discount Tire Synchrony credit card, I'd save $80 (I think it was). I always buy my tires there and use their credit card if there is a promotion, then pay it off when I get the first bill. I didn't have the card with me - hadn't used it for several years and actually think I chopped it up, but the account was still active/open, so they just called and got my account # and charged the tires. I waited for a bill, none ever came, but a very short time after I bought the tires I got an email saying a payment was due. I tried to call them - an impossible task to find a # - everything online required my account # - to even access the correct # to call. I didn't HAVE my account # because it was blanked out on my Discount Tire receipt. Hmmm, I finally found a chat option, got a real person but she couldn't give me my account #, I would have to call. She gave me a #, but of course they were closed. I called the next day, got a live person, took my payment info, paid it off in full. A few days later I got a statement, but with the old balance. This week I got another statement, paid in full, but they'd assessed a $27 late fee, for the one day it was late when I couldn't get a hold of them. Grrrr.
I called today and got into robo "assistant" hell. Finally, it heard me say "late fee" - did I need help with a late fee? Yes. "I can refund the late fee, is that what you want?" YES!! So it refunded my late fee of $27 with no human involved! Then it asked, "I see you have a payment due of $27, would you like to pay that now?" NO! omg. We'll see if I get a bill for a late fee on the late fee, lol.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH