SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_franks2

Extension Layout Ideas

Claire Franks
2 years ago

Hi,

We're hoping to start a small rear extension on our property, but are unable to visualise the best layout to use in the space. It feels tricky because it's a small space and we have a wishlist for it to achieve a lot of things - we would need to incorporate a small seperate utility area, or incorporate a utility area into the kitchen (think stacked washing machine/drier, storage for vacuum cleaner, brooms, steamer and detergents) and we'd also like it to contain as much storage as possible for things like christmas decorations and board games. As if this is not enough, we'd also like to have somewhere to eat and a little snug. I am not convinced we could get all of this into our space but because I'm rubbish at visualising things, I don't know if that's really true or not. I would be so grateful for any ideas you may have. I've included a scaled drawing of our space so you can see how small it is for yourselves. This is proving a real challenge and I'm wondering if it's even worth doing it at all.

** The rooms to look at are beyond the first room (where the stairs are).

Comments (7)