SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_429293551

Window treatment advice for sliding doors

Yvette Connellan
2 years ago

We put in this sliding door to replace the previous swinging patio door during renovations last spring and still have not figured out a window treatment for it! Initially we thought standard sliding door blinds would suffice, but when we measured them up against this door, it seemed they were too bulky for the small clearance we have from the end of the sliding door to the wall and window on each side. Since then we agreed doing a simple curtain and black curtain rod would look just fine (especially since we plan to switch all the silver for black hardware in the kitchen eventually). If we do this, the question I have is how high and wide do I hang the curtain? From the right of the door to the edge of the window is 4”, from left of the door to the corner of the wall is 5.5”. From the top of the door to the ceiling it’s 17”. From the top of the door to the floor it’s 78.5” (which would make it 95.5” floor to ceiling). Any advice/suggestions for window treatments would be great if appreciated!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County