SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ambershaffer3443

Please help with BM Grays!

Amber Shaffer
2 years ago

I am in the process of having my interior walls painted and I'm driving myself nuts trying to find a shade of gray that works in my home. I have red oak flooring that stained looks a bit like a light honey color and the trim is Chantilly Lace.
The first room I painted I used Metro Gray and I love it. It doesn't matter what time of day it is it always looks great. That bedroom gets the morning sun and then the window perpendicular gets the setting sun.
I have painters coming in the morning and a big living room, foyer and hallways that I have to choose a color for. I have gotten 9 samples including Metro Gray, Wish, Cement Gray, Balboa Mist, Stonington Gray, Smoke as well as a shade of yellow called Cornsilk and a blue called Caribbean Mist.
Every one of the gray colors seem a bit too pink or too likely to lean green or blue.
With the exception of Balboa Mist looking too light.
I just want a shade that looks good with my wood floors as well as will look good with darker stained furniture and navy blues of fabric and a accent rug with a almost golden yellow as it's main color.
I'm worried that any of the colors that I have are right and that I just can't tell (even though I have painted some in different areas and also used boards to move them around).
I feel like I went through this when I painted my bedroom and it wasn't until the paint was finished that I really appreciated the color as much as I do now.
I'm so confused and I can't make the painters wait any longer. Everything is prepped and ready to go.
I've included a picture of my room where I used Metro Gray. A photo of the samples I have been looking at, as well as a picture of the rug I would like to place in the formal living room and a picture of the living room currently.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (4)