SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Sunday's Brain Game----SOLUTION!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I can't resist. Even though I said last week I wouldn't say that the bonus is a hard one anymore, I have to say it with today's bonus.

Prove me wrong!

Comments (60)

• bpath
    2 years ago

Got A1 while I was without internet for posting.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Figured out D3 and I think I may know the bonus answer...

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Same, Carol, figured out D3 but cant quite make the bonus answer what i want it to be.

• User
    2 years ago

I think I have them all.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Still working on C1 and D2. DS has D2, I may ask him for a hint in the morning.

• User
    2 years ago

Ooh, I just rethought C1. I like this answer better.

• sprtphntc7a
    2 years ago

got them all except the bonus. working on it

• sprtphntc7a
    2 years ago

i think i got the bonus but not sure at all...

• maggie200
    2 years ago

Does anone have a very valuable clue for D2?

• User
    2 years ago

Sorry, my clue for D2 would be pretty insignificant.

• lily316
    2 years ago

I think I have the bonus. In fact, I am sure of it but I don't have a few others like C1 and D1.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I just went over everything and eas pretty confident with all my answers, but now looking up at roxol’s comment am questioning D2.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Thanks, roxsol!

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Oh, NOW I get the hint! (I got a second answer to the bonus, was debating between that and my original, and suddenly the hint made sense.)

Edit - D2 not bonus

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS, stick with the sure thing.

• Lars
    2 years ago

I just looked at it this morning and got all of them, including the bonus, very quickly. No hints needed.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Wait.....roxsol's hint made sense for the bonus? I thought it was for D2.....

Anyone have any other hints for the bonus? I'm about ready to give up on it I think.

• User
    2 years ago

I’m confused too,letters.

My hint which followed maggies hint was for D2.

The sure thing hint was for the bonus.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

My interpretation of D2 is something arguably edible.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

My original bonus answer could be deadly.

And yes, I meant D2 not bonus in prior post

• User
    2 years ago

Oh, I’m having the wurst confusion ever, now.

eta Oh no I’m not. I’m staying with my sure thing bonus guess and my not that important D2 guess.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

The bonus just came to me. What a relief. I still am not sure of D3.

• lily316
    2 years ago

I have them all including bonus except for C1 and D1. Clues?

• User
    2 years ago

Lily, for C1 look at how the letters are placed and their size. ☀️

• User
    2 years ago

Lily, for D1, in what word is there another word?

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I am happy with all my answers but you have confused me with bonus hints. Can we have a recap please, just for the bonus? I am lost with what is/isn’t a clue.

• User
    2 years ago

OutsidePlaying, I’m starting to doubt my guess for the bonus but I’m sticking with it because it is better to hold onto something one has than to risk losing it by trying to get something better.☹️

• User
    2 years ago

Not a clue for anything, just a cute little feel good song and wishing a Happy Thanksgiving 🇨🇦 and wonderful afternoon to all.

• lily316
    2 years ago

Thanks, roxsol. That helped.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I'm with you on this one, Jasdip. Pretty sure I have all the rest, but I give up on the bonus, clues aren't helping at all. So I'm shutting it down for now, will be back later tonight to check for the answers.

Rusty

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Here you go.....

A giant leap for mankind

Tuesday or Today

Moving backwards

A bit overstated

Repeat after me

Foreign films

Spread a little sunshine

Tiptoe through the tulips

Madison Square Gardens

Infinite wisdom

Chopped liver

Rub me the wrong way

Bonus......A bird in the hand

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

A bird in the hand!!!!! Doh!

That was a good one actually…wish I’d have gotten it. Now your hints make sense, roxsol! 😀

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Garden - singular. 😁

Got them all. two weeks in a row! My original answer to D2 was damaged liver or liver damage.

• User
    2 years ago

Thanks, Jasdip

I hope you enjoyed your turkey and had a good Thanksgiving.🦃

• wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

Got all but 2. I had dissected liver and a little bit of sunshine ,without the spread.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I got C1 JUST as I opened this again and started scrolling down to the solution. The answr came to me in the nick of time.

We came to Canada to celebrate Thanksgiving with DH’s family, had a lovely time and the weather was perfect. Looks like we’ll be driving home through rain, though.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I got them all and had two answers for the bonus. Either A bird in the hand or the Hen Hand. Did your kids ever draw one at school

• User
    2 years ago

AHA! and now I understand the origin of chicken fingers😆

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

While I was in the right ball park I never did properly get Rub me the wrong way. But I did get the rest so I will celebrate regardless. Thank you Jasdip.

• lily316
    2 years ago

I said cirrhosis of the liver. Wow. I was so sure I had the bonus...the hand that rocks the cradle. Where does the bird come in?

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I must have said ”a hen in the hand, a bold hen in the hand” to myself a thousand times before I had my duh moment: A hen is a bird.

• wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

AHA! and now I understand the origin of chicken fingers😆

When DGD was about 2or 3 we were at a restaurant for a family celebration. She asked to have chicken strips for her meal. The waitress told her she would be out with her chicken fingers soon. DGD stated that no she wasn't having chicken fingers. She told the waitress she didn't eat chicken fingers, only the strips.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I had 'moving back in' and 'spreading sunshine', which I think are better answers anyway 😁

Did anyone else notice it's not 'moving' but 'movnig' when you reverse ?

Got all the rest - thanks Jasdip!

• User
    2 years ago

Hey, you’re right, Carol! I hadn’t noticed.

’Not moving backwards’ would be a better answer.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Now I'm beginning to have serious concerns about my mental status. I did get all the 'regular' puzzle right, so there is that. And even though I looked at the bonus and saw the two words, 'hand' and 'hen', never once did I come even close to changing 'hen' to 'bird'. In my own defense, I will say that while I did grow up on a farm, we never EVER referred to our hens (and we often had a lot of them!) as 'birds'. They were chickens!

Rusty

• lily316
    2 years ago

Now I see the heavy lettering on hen but that is not the same as a bird in the name.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Hey, Carol, good eye! Maybe "moving around" is the better answer.

For the bonus, I got to "hen in the hand" and of course that didn't make sense, and while a hen is a chicken a chicken is a bird.

• sprtphntc7a
    2 years ago

i had lacerated liver instead of chopped liver.. not too bad.. got all the rest except the bonus.

another 'duh' moment for the bonus!!

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Another ‘duh’ moment for me on the bonus too. I kept trying to make the bold letters two words, He and N (he and in). never put them together as hen. I was perfect on all the rest though.