SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_867777625

Thoughts on cabinet pull sizes + knobs vs pulls for pantry cabinets

Julie R.
2 years ago

Hi folks. I’m trying to figure out cabinet pull sizes- and determine whether my 6 pantry doors should be pulls or knobs. (Photos below.)

I think the premise is to have pulls be *no more than* 1/3 the drawer length. I also think there’s a premise of not having too many different pull lengths- just not clear on what constitutes too many, particularly in a smaller kitchen.

Right now, I’m thinking maybe only 4” and 9” pulls, covering all my drawers. And maybe knobs for the pantry cabinets…since 6x 12” pulls might be overwhelming in close proximity. Thoughts?

General info:

• For uppers (and under sink), I plan to use knobs.
  • Lowers are all drawers, but multiple sizes.
  • Pantry doors are 39” on top; 50” on bottom. Layout is double doors (15”) that open for lower pull outs, plus singletons (18”) that handle an angled wall and provide just enough room for appliances like stand mixer, InstantPot, etc.

Drawer details:

• 6x 12.5” stacks flanking range
  • 3x 27” stack next to dishwasher
  • 3x 31” stack in island
  • 2x 40” lower drawers by fridge —> best served by one pull or two??
  • 2x 20” top drawers

Misc Details:

• Cabinets will be white; hardware will be Venetian/ORB to match faucet.
  • Appliances are stainless KitchenAid, with the straight bar handles. (Not sure if that means I should probably avoid arch handles and stick to bars?)

P.S. - Comments on layout aren’t necessary; that ship has sailed and I like what’s been done. ✌🏻

Comments (5)